Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• You have an unprecedented ability to fool yourself with the most transparent bullshit.

Topic: Direct Down Wind Faster Than The Wind (Read 24198 times) previous topic - next topic

• F X
  • The one and only
Re: Direct Down Wind Faster Than The Wind
Reply #2000
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and man."
― Mark Twain 🔭

• F X
  • The one and only
Reply #2001
So he pretty much proved ddwfttw with the circular design.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWcjmQ8Vz88

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and man."
― Mark Twain 🔭

• F X
  • The one and only
Reply #2002
― Mark Twain 🔭

Reply #2003
And the circular wind tunnel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOINjCtkL0Y

No way! This kind of independent unusual obvious demonstration of the principle with a completely   'un-relateable' to an ordinary treadmill dynamic demonstration of predictable physics, is likely to portray the veracity of the conventional theory of ddwfttw. Therefore not allowed by Heinzphyzic....

• MikeB
Reply #2004
Nice, maybe would work a bit better with a few more vanes.

• F X
  • The one and only
Reply #2005
"If someone is not able to trust conclusions based on what they've learned vs. what 'seems right' to some dark corner of their brain, they're never going to make any leaps over their innate prejudices."

http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4554805&postcount=387
― Mark Twain 🔭

• F X
  • The one and only
Reply #2006
"Thing is many people (including myself) were sceptical of the road and treadmill tests. Others were also sceptical of the turntable tests. So far tere hasn't been one person (that I'm aware of) that has been sceptical of the circular wind tunnel tests. Have all the sceptics given up or do they all now accept DDFWTTW is possible? Perhaps they just need time to formulate new arguments against a new test."

http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4553249&postcount=384
― Mark Twain 🔭

• F X
  • The one and only
Reply #2007
My memory is still working.  Ynot was skeptical, but after he built and tested the idea he realized it does, of course, work.
― Mark Twain 🔭

• F X
  • The one and only
Reply #2008
Nice, maybe would work a bit better with a few more vanes.
He did a lot of work on this concept.  Like spork and JB, I respect anyone who gets off their ass and gets shit done
― Mark Twain 🔭

Reply #2009
Just finished reading ynot's thread at JREF-now ISF-and it brought back a lot of memories. Thanks again to Heinz for providing his name. For any wanting to take a 10 page trip back down memory lane here's a link to it; http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130705 It reminded me how much I miss Mender, Michael C, and many others who have moved on. It's been a hell of a ride.

• F X
  • The one and only
Reply #2010
― Mark Twain 🔭

Reply #2011
I've received many of the parts and supplies for the build, except for two rather essential items; the 3" main wheels and the slow flight prop.

I received a refund on my PayPal account recently, so it's not on back order.

Any help in locating suppliers for these two remaining items would be helpful of course.

Reply #2012
Have you tried 'Hobby Town' and 'Pegasus Hobbies?' The wheels shouldn't be hard to find.  :hmm:

• MikeB
Reply #2013
If needed, Tom should be able to make his own wheels from some sheet material...aluminum, fiberglass, plastic.  Best if he has access to a small lathe to turn the OD of the wheels after roughing them out with a bandsaw or jigsaw.

Reply #2014
Ok, no-one bought my Fluidized Bed theory of how ddwfttw really works. But now a new method has been leaked;
http://www.bristol.ac.uk/news/2018/january/tractor-beam.html

Clearly a nice way to do it, and broadly vindicates the Hs vibration theory.

Reply #2015
I'm down in Barbados.  One of the really well preserved Concordes is here.  They had regularly scheduled flights from the UK to Barbados and everyone here loved it (noise and all).

It reminded me of the fun we had with Heinz with the issue about losing and gaining weight in an airplane traveling at Mach 2-3.

Nice exhibition.

Web site:

http://www.barbadosconcorde.com/

Also had another great "Windgrins experience" on a 62' chartered cat.  The captain let me drive for about an hour while in a psuedo race with other boats

https://silvermoonbarbados.com/?gclid=CjwKCAiAnabTBRA6EiwAemvBd4Er1asA_gmdeJUfyY-TkU8P3K3fIskaDPkrfCcTeQeWsO0GcUJTFRoCvakQAvD_BwE

Meanwhile, the stock market seems to be able to get along just fine without me!

Life is good.

Wingrins :grin:
  • Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 09:24:57 AM by windgrins
Lunatic Fringe, I know you're out there.  You've got to blame someone for your own confusion.

Reply #2016
Ok, no-one bought my Fluidized Bed theory of how ddwfttw really works. But now a new method has been leaked;
http://www.bristol.ac.uk/news/2018/january/tractor-beam.html

Clearly a nice way to do it, and broadly vindicates the Hs vibration theory.

I was wondering why I had to play the stereo really loud to make the cart work at all on the TM! :eek:

Windgrins :grin:

Lunatic Fringe, I know you're out there.  You've got to blame someone for your own confusion.

Reply #2017
Hope Tom is still working on his cart. Been a while since we've heard from him.  :unsure:

Reply #2018
I'm back in the US!  Things have changed since I left.  It seems we have the Russians helping us out with elections now!

And in spite of that, One can still go DDWFTTW!

:grin: Windgrins

Reply #2019
Are you kidding me! March 2018 and still no action by Harold, Humber, or anyone in rescinding records, forcing retractions and public apologies, etc. No prosecutions of any type. Were they wrong?

• F X
  • The one and only
Reply #2020
Are you kidding me! March 2018 and still no action by Harold, Humber, or anyone in rescinding records, forcing retractions and public apologies, etc. No prosecutions of any type. Were they wrong?
We will never know.

― Mark Twain 🔭

Is this Spork better than the last one?
Reply #2021

• F X
  • The one and only
Reply #2022
I want several already.  I hate the scraping.  And a spork is about useless for eating yogurt.
― Mark Twain 🔭

Reply #2023
The Blackbird is scheduled to ride again. Neil Cutcliffe, the new owner, will be operating it at El Mirage in southern CA on May 18. If you ever wanted to see it run, this is your chance.

Reply #2024
I might send over a child with a bunch of helium balloons to show what a farce this is.
"When a true genius appears in this world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." (Jonathan Swift)