Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• TalkRational: if anyone on this site uses comic sans i will fucking murder them, is that perfectly clear, jb?

Topic: people who need to get fucking guillotined already speculative bodycount thread: ongoing (Read 2482 times) previous topic - next topic

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Re: people who need to get fucking guillotined already speculative bodycount thread: ongoing
Reply #100
"I can't think of any other way to spend my billions of dollars," he says while his workers are on fucking food stamps and passing out in his warehouses because they don't get breaks.

Re: people who need to get fucking guillotined already speculative bodycount thread: ongoing
Reply #101
its ok, they'll be automated out of jobs soon anyway

• nesb
Reply #102
Oh, right. Forgot about all that.

Reply #103

• Monad
Reply #104
"I can't think of any other way to spend my billions of dollars," he says while his workers are on fucking food stamps and passing out in his warehouses because they don't get breaks.

"I can't think of any other way to spend the billions of dollars I stole from my workers"

Fixed

Reply #105

Reply #106

Reply #107
historical people who needed to be guillotined (and were!)

• uncool
Reply #108
Chipotle's upper management can be added to the list.

At that point, the store brought in another manager who looked at the surveillance footage and said it showed Ortiz taking the money and putting it in her backpack on Dec. 29 -- a charge Ortiz denied.

When she asked to see the footage, the employees told her that was against corporate policy.

But Paboojian said there's no actual written policy that dictates whether employees can be shown video footage in these cases.

[...]

Last week, Hinckley told jurors that it was a mistake that the footage was lost, according to the Bee.

Hinckley told jurors that while Ortiz's bosses had no ill will toward her, they felt betrayed when she allegedly stole the money because the company had supported her through four pregnancies and four workers' compensation claims, the Bee reported.

At least one thing went right: they're on the hook for $8 million for this.

Reply #109
I had to google to find the article because I couldn't make any sense of what happened there. Looks like she was likely fired and accused of a crime in retaliation for a workers' comp claim.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-biz-chipotle-manager-damages-award-20180515-story.html

• uncool
Reply #110

• dinosaurs!
  • Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital
Reply #111

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #112
Some perfect candidates right here.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2018/05/16/nantucket-wealthy-residents-oppose-housing-for-seasonal-employees/pqDbEUkjSFf2QBaN3K8KlL/story.html

NANTUCKET -- Beside the ninth hole of the Miacomet Golf Course, there's a large paved lot with a sprawling mechanic's garage and equipment depot, big tanks of diesel fuel, industrial-sized trash bins, and scores of lawn mowers and other vehicles. There's also a pile of old furniture from last year when the nearby clubhouse burned down.

Few if any of those potential eyesores have provoked complaints from neighbors, whose views of the lot are almost entirely shielded by a row of cedar trees and other evergreens.

Then, about a year ago, the Nantucket Land Bank, a public agency that owns the golf course, proposed building a dormitory on the lot for its seasonal employees who help keep the club running. Land Bank officials said the dorm is needed to address the island's housing crisis, which has made it so hard to find affordable apartments that some workers have been sleeping on basement floors or in old shipping containers.

While the town's Board of Selectmen and many others on Nantucket have supported the project, a few neighbors were aghast. Most vocal in opposition has been David Long, the CEO of Liberty Mutual, who owns a stately, cedar-shingled home across the street, a 5,700-square-foot chateau he calls "Summer Wind."

Long, whose $2.3 million home is secluded behind hedgerows and a gate, hired Bob Popeo, the chairman of Mintz Levin, one of Boston's most prominent law firms, and began lobbying state environmental officials to block the dorm from being built.

The Land Bank was established by the Legislature in 1983 to acquire and preserve the island's valuable undeveloped land. In the past, the state has generally approved the commissioners' projects swiftly, including the expansion of the golf course from nine to 18 holes and the construction of a 16-acre ballfield complex elsewhere on the island, Land Bank officials said.

Indeed, the commissioners were so confident that the dormitory -- a one-story, 3,900-square-foot structure that would house up to 22 people -- would be approved that they had plans drawn up for it. But a year later, after spending $50,000 in legal expenses to respond to Long, the Land Bank's plans to house its summer workers are now in doubt.

At least a lot of the residents aren't fucking assholes like that guy:
Anne Kuszpa, executive director of Housing Nantucket, a local nonprofit, noted that the median price for a home on the island is now about $1.5 million, while two-bedroom apartments typically rent for about $3,000 a month. Development is banned from nearly half the island.

"I was very disappointed to learn about the obstacles faced by the Land Bank in its effort to provide workforce housing," she said.

At a Land Bank meeting this month, local residents were incredulous. No one who attended spoke in favor of Beaton's decision.

Reply #113
While the town's Board of Selectmen and many others on Nantucket have supported the project, a few neighbors were aghast. Most vocal in opposition has been David Long, the CEO of Liberty Mutual, who owns a stately, cedar-shingled home across the street, a 5,700-square-foot chateau he calls "Summer Wind."

gonna suggest that when we start class profiling for aristos, people who've ever lived in a named home are good candidates for automatic suspicion of guilt.

Reply #114

Reply #115
I've said from the start that Elon Musk is a fucking Bond Villain.

Reply #116
he's basically a nerdy trump

Reply #117
it's less that he's nerdy and more that he doesn't bother covering up his lack of hemoglobin and melanin with spray-tan.