Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• You aint got eight telescopes and a house in Monterey. I aint got a healthy heart. We all have our crosses to bear.

Topic: Rebuilding the Democrat Party (Read 12510 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rebuilding the Democrat Party
Reply #1200

Reply #1201
if we pretend to be republicans hard enough, republican-leaning voters will vote for us instead of the real thing and also the liberals will vote for our fake republican candidates (and if not we can just blame them for losing).

this is called "strategy"

Reply #1202
I'm pretty certain that Goodwin tweet is sarcastic, you can follow his profile to his site where he's made comics attacking TPP (and Free Trade in general) from the left/labor perspective.

Reply #1203
uh i know it's sarcastic, i'm dunking on the same thing as him

Reply #1204

boy howdy all that ~bipartisan~ supporting the rollback of banking regulations sure did pay off.

• uncool
Reply #1205

Reply #1206
The dumbest part about that is you can usually still search the car in that instance even if it is decriminalized.

Reply #1207
There's a link in that thread to an examination of Kennedy's record on cannabis. He appears to be a thoroughgoing hardliner.

"Dems Pick Anti-Marijuana Kennedy For Trump State Of The Union Response" | Marijuana Moment

Some observers see the young Kennedy, 37, as a rising political star. But he is starkly out of step with his party -- and a majority of U.S. voters -- on a key issue now emerging at the forefront of mainstream American politics: Marijuana.

In 2015, Kennedy was one of just ten House Democrats to vote against a measure to protect medical cannabis patients and providers who are following state laws from being prosecuted by the federal government. He was one of just 24 Democrats to vote the same day against a broader measure blocking the Justice Department from interfering with all state marijuana laws, including those allowing recreational use.

[. . .]

Going further than just refusing to block federal anti-marijuana enforcement in legal states, Kennedy voted three times against amendments to increase military veterans' access to medical cannabis -- just one of five Democrats to oppose the measure in 2016. Fifty-seven Republicans voted for it that year.

Kennedy even opposed a very limited proposal to protect children who use non-psychoactive cannabidiol extracts to treat severe seizure disorders from being targeted by the DEA. That amendment was supported by 118 Republicans.

[Continues . . .]

Reply #1208
fortunately SOTU responders are actually irrelevant

Reply #1209
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

Reply #1210

• ksen
Reply #1211
https://www.salon.com/2018/03/14/rand-paul-says-he-wont-vote-to-confirm-pompeo-or-haspel/

While some Democrats, such as Sen. Ron Wyden of Oregon, were quick to denounce Haspel, others were not. Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., instead issued praise of the woman who oversaw Bush-era torture programs.

"We've had a long personal talk," Feinstein said on Tuesday of the interrogation program, according to CNN. "I have spent some time with her. We have had dinner together. We have talked. Everything I know is that she has been a good deputy director of the CIA."

:golfclap:

Way to go DiFi . . .

• el jefe
  • asleep till 2020 or 2024
Reply #1212
jesus christ, she's such a neocon

Reply #1213

Bobbi Bauer prays during an election night event for Republican congressional candidate Rick Saccone on Tuesday. Saccone narrowly trails Democrat Conor Lamb and has not yet conceded.
Jeff Swensen/Getty Images
clearly God did not want a republican to win.

Reply #1214

Bobbi Bauer prays during an election night event for Republican congressional candidate Rick Saccone on Tuesday. Saccone narrowly trails Democrat Conor Lamb and has not yet conceded.
Jeff Swensen/Getty Images
clearly God did not want a republican to win.
Or maybe she did the prayer wrong. Magic is tricky stuff.

Reply #1215
to be really sure, you need to put an icepick through your eyeballs.

Reply #1216

Or:

https://www.cosmopolitan.com/health-fitness/a19179723/kaylee-muthart-eye-gouge-crystal-meth/

I'm pretty sure I would have tried to claw right into my brain if a pastor hadn't heard me screaming, "I want to see the light!" -- which I don't recall saying -- and restrained me. He later said, when he found me, that I was holding my eyeballs in my hands. I had squished them, although they were somehow still ...

Reply #1217
Puts the lie to the old standard, "I can't unsee that"

Reply #1218

Or:

https://www.cosmopolitan.com/health-fitness/a19179723/kaylee-muthart-eye-gouge-crystal-meth/

I'm pretty sure I would have tried to claw right into my brain if a pastor hadn't heard me screaming, "I want to see the light!" -- which I don't recall saying -- and restrained me. He later said, when he found me, that I was holding my eyeballs in my hands. I had squished them, although they were somehow still ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fVE8kSM43I

Reply #1219
Schumer has to be one of the worst minority leaders in history

Reply #1220
do you remember way back when he and pelosi supposedly got some deal out of trump on DACA and all the dumb bad dems were like "see, look what having Experienced Qualified Established Politicians gets you!!"

• el jefe
  • asleep till 2020 or 2024
Reply #1221
that is pretty bad

Reply #1222
do you remember way back when he and pelosi supposedly got some deal out of trump on DACA and all the dumb bad dems were like "see, look what having Experienced Qualified Established Politicians gets you!!"
They got a good budget deal last May

Everything else he's done since then has been absolute shit

• ksen
Reply #1223
Third Way makes an opening bid in the 2020 'ideas primary

Third Way fears that Democrats will try to counter the spread of "nativist, nationalist and nostalgic populism" on the right with a warmed-over version of left-wing populism.

You mean like the left-wing populism that got FDR elected 3 or 4 times and pretty much cemented a Democratic stranglehold on the House of Representatives for about 4 decades?

Yeah, that'd be horrible.

Reply #1224
Third Way makes an opening bid in the 2020 'ideas primary

Third Way fears that Democrats will try to counter the spread of "nativist, nationalist and nostalgic populism" on the right with a warmed-over version of left-wing populism.

You mean like the left-wing populism that got FDR elected 3 or 4 times and pretty much cemented a Democratic stranglehold on the House of Representatives for about 4 decades?

Yeah, that'd be horrible.
Yabbut, there's no fuckin' way the current dems can pull something even close to that off.