Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• TalkRational: We have a kill list

Topic: Trumpocalypse (Read 111854 times) previous topic - next topic

Arctish and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Re: Trumpocalypse
Reply #9975

aligns with the general idea of "everyone assumed that Trump had no way of winning and then acted in a manner that made it slightly more possible"

Reply #9977
 :(
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #9978

the left is out of control with the demeaning language and condescension, and it's only going to drive people further right. smh.

• uncool
Reply #9979
I had to check for a second whether this was the comic relief thread.
the left is out of control with the demeaning language and condescension, and it's only going to drive people further right. smh.
I mean, you imply that this shit hasn't been driving people leftwards for years. Did wonders for me.

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #9980
I mean, you imply that this shit hasn't been driving people leftwards for years. Did wonders for me.

I'd like to think TR is mostly responsible for your indoctrination. :mason:

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #9981
Pretty sure uncool possesses both intelligence and a sense of common decency. Inevitable conclusion.

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #9982
I have a theory that observing Dave Hawkins over a period of years is appalling enough to cause anyone to veer at least a couple degrees to the left. There's your alt-light, low information, conspiracy believing, Trump loving, evangelical fundy flim-flam salesman revealed in all his glory, and underlying the ridiculous nature of the subject matter of his threads, it is a scary revelation.

• dinosaurs!
  • Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital
Reply #9983
"eric trump, co-head of the trump organ" is one of the more vile phrases I've read recently

Reply #9984

This is absolutely true for me lol

Reply #9985
not me, I was an asshole long before coming here

Reply #9986

This is absolutely true for me lol

i'm an alumni of LF university

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #9988
not me, I was an asshole long before coming here
Me too.
Are we there yet?

• ksen
Reply #9989

Biggest driver to the Left for me was Free Republic.

• el jefe
  • asleep till 2020 or 2024
Reply #9990

Biggest driver to the Left for me was Free Republic.
and your epiphany that one day that there was no reason not to spend money on public works to fight unemployment

• ksen

• el jefe
  • asleep till 2020 or 2024
Reply #9992
trump has done a lot of damage, but I think it's being overstated.  examples:

he didn't repeal obamacare, he just repealed the individual mandate.  the good things, like medicaid expansion and guaranteed issue, are intact.  scrapping the mandate may lead to the unraveling of obamacare, or it just may cause a bunch of temporary damage before the system ends up being salvaged or at least propped up.

he didn't end the iran deal, he just pulled the US out of it.  all the other countries are still party to it.  like repealing the mandate endangers obamacare, this endangers the iran deal,  but it might survive this shock and continue forward.  both the Iranians and the Europeans seem intent on keeping it going.  unilateral sanctions from the US won't affect that much.  now trump also threatened to sanction European companies who do business with them.  a lot will depend on whether trump makes good on the latter threat, and on whether the europeans, in turn, stand up to him and shield those companies.  iirc, the Europeans did so before with previous iran sanctions, and they don't like trump, so hopefully they'd show backbone again.

one area of total destruction to Obama's legacy is the scrapping of carbon regulations.  but in real-world effect, even that is mitigated by natural gas continuing to drive coal out of business, and photovoltaics being competititve now and continuing to get cheaper every year.

Reply #9993

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #9995
trump has done a lot of damage, but I think it's being overstated.  examples:

he didn't repeal obamacare, he just repealed the individual mandate.  the good things, like medicaid expansion and guaranteed issue, are intact.  scrapping the mandate may lead to the unraveling of obamacare, or it just may cause a bunch of temporary damage before the system ends up being salvaged or at least propped up.

he didn't end the iran deal, he just pulled the US out of it.  all the other countries are still party to it.  like repealing the mandate endangers obamacare, this endangers the iran deal,  but it might survive this shock and continue forward.  both the Iranians and the Europeans seem intent on keeping it going.  unilateral sanctions from the US won't affect that much.  now trump also threatened to sanction European companies who do business with them.  a lot will depend on whether trump makes good on the latter threat, and on whether the europeans, in turn, stand up to him and shield those companies.  iirc, the Europeans did so before with previous iran sanctions, and they don't like trump, so hopefully they'd show backbone again.

one area of total destruction to Obama's legacy is the scrapping of carbon regulations.  but in real-world effect, even that is mitigated by natural gas continuing to drive coal out of business, and photovoltaics being competititve now and continuing to get cheaper every year.
So, not a matter of Drumpf not trying to cause damage, just he wasn't able to cause as much damage as he attempted.
Are we there yet?

Reply #9996

• nesb
Reply #9997
We're in year 107 on the Juche calendar.

Reply #9998
I love all of the conservatives' obsession with apeing soldier culture with all of these dumb challenge coins

Reply #9999