TR Memescape

• TalkRational: no u

Topic: Trumpocalypse (Read 77376 times) previous topic - next topic

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets
Re: Trumpocalypse
Reply #7875
Fuck 'em. The rest of the word has its own debris fields, often quite literally.
Truth is out of style

Reply #7876
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/21/trump-agriculture-department-usda-campaign-workers-242951

The truck driver, Nick Brusky, was hired this year at USDA's Foreign Agricultural Service -- an agency tasked with developing overseas markets for U.S. agricultural trade goods -- at one of the highest levels on the federal government's pay scale, a GS-12, earning $79,720 annually. Though that pay grade requires a master's degree or equivalent experience, it's not clear from Brusky's résumé whether he's a college graduate.

are you fucking kidding me

We had USDA food inspection service vets come talk to us, and they said we can maybe hope to get to GS-12 after a few years of service, and that's with a professional degree.

Another example: Christopher O'Hagan, an appointee as a confidential assistant at the Agricultural Marketing Service, which helps producers of food, fiber and specialty crop growers market their goods. O'Hagan graduated in 2016 from the University of Scranton with a major in history and a minor in economics. But his résumé lists only one example of work experience prior to joining the Trump campaign in January 2016 -- employment as a cabana attendant at the Westchester Country Club in Rye, New York, while in school.

Similarly, Trump campaign alum Tim Page, a 2016 graduate of Appalachian State University, is now at the Natural Resources Conservation Service, an agency that helps farmers, ranchers and forest managers employ conservation practices. Page's résumé indicates that he owns Cutting Edge LLC, a landscaping service in Connelly Springs, North Carolina.

Also in the ranks of USDA political appointees are the scented-candle company owner; a clerk at AT&T; a Republican National Committee intern; a part-time executive assistant and rental property manager; and a former Washington state senator who mentioned on his résumé that he was the first elected official in his state to back Trump's candidacy.

welp, it's a good thing my profession has nothing to do with th- oh, fuck.

welcome back, political spoils system!

he really does love jackson

Reply #7877
I like getting to watch and live real-time in a society deliberately choosing to destroy itself through its own conscious stupidity.

Reply #7878
wait did I say I like that? I meant "it fills me with existential dread and makes me deeply question the idea of having a second child"

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #7879
Have that second child. At least they'll have each other's backs when things go completely downside up.

Reply #7880
Have that second child. At least they'll have each other's backs when things go completely downside up.
Agreed. Plus, 2 are easier than 1.
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

Reply #7881

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #7882
Hahaha! So cute.

Really, itty-bitty-kiddie, a sibling is usually a good thing, sometimes a great thing. My only sister, 10 years younger, is a phenomenally good human being. My life would be diminished greatly without her. :)

Reply #7883

Reply #7884
wait did I say I like that? I meant "it fills me with existential dread and makes me deeply question the idea of having a second child"
you're worried about having only 2 children? motherfucker this is an r-strategic world we're entering, have 12

Reply #7885
you're worried about having only 2 children? motherfucker this is an r-strategic world we're entering, have 12,000 per clutch

:blanksay:

• linus
Reply #7886
lol, it's Strange & McConnell & Trump vs. Moore & Bannonbart & Trump

• nesb
Reply #7887
Oh hey. Trump thinks things about football:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/22/politics/donald-trump-alabama-nfl/index.html

Given he once owned a football team, I guess he might, although that didn't quite work out for him--albeit for different reasons than firing all those sons of bitches.

• nesb
Reply #7888

Reply #7889

Reply #7890
LeBron James is awesome.  I'd love to see teams/sponsors try to shut him out.

Reply #7891
Sports still need a white superstar to take a stand (knee) though.  I want to see the delicious reaction to that.

Reply #7892
Shaun King's saying he;s heard 35+ more NFL players will either take a knee or raise a fist this weekend in response.

Reply #7893
Raising a fist is actually a great idea because people will have fits trying to rationalize how that is disrespectful to our troops if they are still standing.

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #7894
Our Troups died defending rights that you should never exercise.

Reply #7895
Don't know where this goes but I am fucking around on Twitter and found this:

• ToThePoint
  • search & destroy
Reply #7896
NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell's statement: "divisive comments like these demonstrate an unfortunate lack of respect" for the league and its players.

"This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time."

Reply #7897
What comments is he referring to?

• ToThePoint
  • search & destroy
Reply #7898
What comments is he referring to?

Dotard J. Trump's recent rant about the NFL player

eta: added video/link NFL Distances Itself From Trump After He Says Protesting Players Should Be Fired
  • Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 10:31:21 AM by ToThePoint
"This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time."

Reply #7899

Stolen again from ratskep:
Trump on Erdogan, yesterday:

Thank you very much. It's a great honor and privilege -- because he's become a friend of mine -- to introduce President Erdoğan of Turkey. He's running a very difficult part of the world. He's involved very, very strongly and, frankly, he's getting very high marks. And he's also been working with the United States.

We have a great friendship as countries. I think we're, right now, as close as we have ever been. And a lot of that has to do with the personal relationship.

No, this is not a parody. It comes straight from the White House:
https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2017/09/21/remarks-president-trump-and-president-erdo%C4%9Fan-turkey-bilateral-meeting

And today, Erdogan protesters were beaten and ejected from his New York speech, again:
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41358394