Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• Talkrational: in the name of the father and the fuzzi ghost

Topic: What's Going On In North Carolina? (Read 166 times) previous topic - next topic

What's Going On In North Carolina?
North Carolina G.O.P. Moves to Curb Power of New Democratic Governor

North Carolina Republicans Make Brazen Bid for Permanent Power After Losing Governor's Race
The goal "will be to nullify the vote of the people for governor," said the state House minority leader.

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Re: What's Going On In North Carolina?
Reply #1
The governor-elect is the current attorney general, so I predict there's going to be maximal legal pushback on these brazenly illegal stunts.
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

• el jefe
  • asleep till 2020 or 2024
Reply #2
NC republicans are being gigantic crybabies about their guy losing.  finally this election gives me a chance to post this at republicans
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #3
Earlier this week Charlotte NC repealed their LGBTQ antidiscrimination municipal law as part of a deal with the state legislature for repealing HB2, the NC congress fails to repeal HB2.  I'm shocked, I say.  shocked.  Never saw that one coming.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/hb2-stays-north-carolina-lawmakers-decline-repeal-controversial-anti-lgbtq-n698696

:911: