Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• Talk Rational: is that sumfink from the bible?

Topic: The Trump Kompromat Fact: Whereby we discuss the realness of the piss tape (Read 50260 times) previous topic - next topic

• Faid
Re: The Trump Kompromat Theory
Reply #2500
Was listening to Rush at lunchtime and he's going on hard offense against Mueller talking about how obstruction is a procedural crime and that the DOJ (whose DOJ was it that appointed Mueller again?) broke the law by appointing Mueller without an underlying crime to investigate and therefore any obstruction charges that flow from the fraudulent investigation are bogus and should be voided.

Couple that with Trump's lawyers talking about how the President cannot obstruct justice and I'm pretty convinced obstruction charges against Trump are pretty close to dropping.
I think bill clinton and the ghost of nixon would both be fascinated to learn that obstruction charges don't work if you're not guilty of any underlying crime
Nixon had commited treason in the past, however, and many people knew it, so that could also have affected- oh wait
Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.

• Doobie Keebler
  • I've got a lot of problems with you people
Reply #2501
"I'm over 70 and have never seen such , arrogance, incompetence and Ill -intentions as this President and his aids."    The Dotard     (posted 12 days after his 68th birthday)

Reply #2502

• linus
Reply #2503
Whatever else can be said about the integrity of your American institutions, it's pretty astonishing that IRS has managed to keep the tax returns safe from leaks.

• Faid
Reply #2504

It would be interesting to find out if Trump's debt to DB was paid off at about the time of the Rosneft deal.
Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.

• linus
Reply #2505
let me tell you a secret: they're morons, every last one of them
You might be on to something. Or they just have no control over their impulses.
In a new filing Monday afternoon, Mueller's investigators said Manafort was working on an editorial in English as late as last Thursday and that it related to his political work for Ukraine, which factored into his money-laundering and foreign lobbying criminal charges.
The filing asks for the court to revisit a bail agreement Mueller's office and Manafort's lawyers made jointly last week. The court had not yet approved a change to his $10 million unsecured bail and house arrest.

"Even if the ghostwritten op-ed were entirely accurate, fair, and balanced, it would be a violation of this Court's November 8 Order if it had been published," prosecutors wrote. "The editorial clearly was undertaken to influence the public's opinion of defendant Manafort, or else there would be no reason to seek its publication (much less for Manafort and his long-time associate to ghostwrite it in another's name)."
http://edition.cnn.com/2017/12/04/politics/manafort-bail-russian-intelligence/index.html

Reply #2506
Whatever else can be said about the integrity of your American institutions, it's pretty astonishing that IRS has managed to keep the tax returns safe from leaks.
Gonna be hard for Trump to say now tbat he personally isn't under investigation
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #2507
Hence the latest pivot to "FBI reputation in Tatters!"
It's a self-fulfilling prophecy wrt The Base: Dear Leader has told them now what their opinion of the FBI is.
He's laying the groundwork for firing Mueller and shutting down the investigation.
i.e. "Fear not. We will bring it back to greatness!"
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

Reply #2508

• el jefe
  • asleep till 2020 or 2024
Reply #2509
Hence the latest pivot to "FBI reputation in Tatters!"
It's a self-fulfilling prophecy wrt The Base: Dear Leader has told them now what their opinion of the FBI is.
He's laying the groundwork for firing Mueller and shutting down the investigation.
i.e. "Fear not. We will bring it back to greatness!"
trump is actually practicing normal politics here.  simply tell people what they think.  it is disturbingly effective.

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #2510
"Many people are saying..."
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

• uncool
Reply #2511
He can if he claims it's not happening.

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #2512

• el jefe
Reply #2513
I had a theory for a while that Roger Ailes saw watergate as a miscarriage of justice against his boss nixon, and was on a lifelong mission to create a propaganda empire to control the damage the next time a republican president was getting himself impeached or otherwise needed help (e.g., by starting a war based on a guess that turned out to be wrong).  I saw Murdoch as a businessman who was sympathetic, but mostly interested in making money.  as long as ailes delivered the profits (and he did), Murdoch would provide him his propaganda network.

but now ailes is dead, and old man Murdoch seems to be pushing all his outlets to editorialize trump apologetics, including his least disrespectable one, the wsj.  maybe Murdoch was of the same mind all along.

also, wondering if there is tension between him and his sons.  they are reported to be less politically extreme than he is.  he started handing the reins to them a couple years ago.  but within months they had hired an outside firm to investigate sexual harassment allegations against ailes and o'reilly, among others, and didn't try to save them.  and since then, reports have seemed indicate Rupert reasserting himself.

• Pandora
  • Resurrected Robot
Reply #2514
WSJ Editorial Board calls for Mueller to step down

http://www.businessinsider.com/wall-street-journal-editorial-board-robert-mueller-resign-2017-12
Unrelated... Why do you have a timer in your signature, and why is it counting up when it's labeled a countdown?
Just because you're unique doesn't mean you're useful.

Reply #2515

Reply #2516
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/04/us/politics/manafort-russia-special-counsel-investigation.html
WASHINGTON -- President Trump's former campaign chairman, Paul Manafort, and an associate with ties to Russian intelligence drafted an op-ed article last week about Mr. Manafort's work for Russia-aligned interests in Ukraine, according to a court document filed Monday by the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III.

The filing seeks tougher bail restrictions against Mr. Manafort, arguing that writing the op-ed flouts a judge's admonition against trying to use the news media to influence the case against Mr. Manafort and Rick Gates, another former campaign official.

Mr. Manafort and Mr. Gates have pleaded not guilty to charges of money laundering and lobbying violations that were related to their work for Viktor F. Yanukovych, the former Ukrainian president.

Monday's motion does not name the associate with whom Mr. Manafort is believed to have worked on the op-ed. It identified the person only as "a longtime Russian colleague of Manafort's, who is currently based in Russia and assessed to have ties to a Russian intelligence service."

A person close to Mr. Manafort identified the associate as Konstantin V. Kilimnik, who worked for years as Mr. Manafort's right-hand man in Ukraine and continued communicating with him throughout the 2016 presidential campaign.

Mr. Kilimnik was born in Ukraine when it was still a part of the Soviet Union, and he served briefly in the Russian Army as a linguist, later telling associates that he had a background with Russian intelligence. But this year, as scrutiny mounted of his work with Mr. Manafort in Ukraine, Mr. Kilimnik steadfastly denied any association with Russian intelligence. And an investigation by Ukrainian prosecutors into Mr. Kilimnik's possible links to Russian spy agencies was closed late last year without charges.

Monday's filing is notable because it marks the first official effort by Mr. Mueller's team to connect Mr. Manafort to Russian intelligence. It appears to tie the case against Mr. Manafort more closely to the focus of the special counsel's probe: connections between Russia and Mr. Trump and his associates, including whether they conspired to influence last year's presidential election.

The United States intelligence community has concluded with "high confidence" that Russian intelligence tried to interfere in the election on behalf of Mr. Trump, and at the instruction of President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia.

Mr. Kilimnik has maintained residences in Moscow and Kiev, the capital of Ukraine, and has traveled regularly between them during about a decade of working for Mr. Manafort on behalf of various Russia-aligned oligarchs and political parties.

Mr. Manafort has told associates that he does not believe that Mr. Kilimnik has ties to Russian intelligence. And he told The New York Times in February that he had "never knowingly spoken to Russian intelligence officers, and I have never been involved with anything to do with the Russian government or the Putin administration or any other issues under investigation today."

But he added, "It's not like these people wear badges that say, 'I'm a Russian intelligence officer.'"

Mr. Manafort and Mr. Kilimnik communicated regularly during the 2016 campaign, with Mr. Kilimnik traveling to the United States to meet at least twice. The pair exchanged cryptic emails last year in which they appeared to discuss how to use Mr. Manafort's role on the Trump campaign to recoup unpaid bills from the Russian oligarch Oleg V. Deripaska.
In other emails, Mr. Manafort and Mr. Kilimnik appeared to discuss arranging a private briefing about the campaign for Mr. Deripaska, who is close to Mr. Putin. The briefing did not occur.

Mr. Kilimnik did not respond to a request for comment on Monday about the effort to draft an op-ed article with Mr. Manafort.

The person close to Mr. Manafort said that the op-ed did not run, and blasted Mr. Mueller's team for trying to limit Mr. Manafort's First Amendment rights.

The court filing contends that the op-ed "clearly was undertaken to influence the public's opinion of defendant Manafort, or else there would be no reason to seek its publication." It says that the plan was for Mr. Manafort and his associate to ghostwrite the op-ed to appear under someone else's name, but it does not specify who, nor in what publication.

Mr. Mueller's team indicated in the filing that it had a copy of the draft op-ed but did not want to make it public.

The special counsel flagged the op-ed effort last week for Mr. Manafort's lawyers, who assured the prosecutors "that steps would be taken to make sure it was no longer going to be published," according to the Monday filing.

Mr. Manafort's lawyer, Kevin Downing, declined to comment.

• el jefe
Reply #2517
what the fuck is wrong with him

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #2518
How much dumber can these people get?

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/12/06/donald-trump-privilege-questions-284841

Donald Trump Jr. on Wednesday cited attorney-client privilege to avoid telling lawmakers about a conversation he had with his father, President Donald Trump, after news broke this summer that the younger Trump -- and top campaign brass -- had met with Russia-connected individuals in Trump Tower during the 2016 campaign.

Though neither Trump Jr. nor the president is an attorney, Trump Jr. told the House Intelligence Committee that there was a lawyer in the room during the discussion, according to the committee's top Democrat, Rep. Adam Schiff of California. Schiff said he didn't think it was a legitimate invocation of attorney-client privilege.

"I don't believe you can shield communications between individuals merely by having an attorney present," he said, after the committee's lengthy interview with Trump Jr. "That's not the purpose of attorney-client privilege."

Reply #2519
I'm going to guess we haven't plumbed the depths yet.
  • Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 07:18:24 PM by Testy Calibrate

• linus
Reply #2520
Good news! Reek is now rehabilitated enough to stab his master in the back.

Christie: Warning about Flynn among reasons I was fired from Trump transition

• uncool
Reply #2521
http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/06/politics/nikki-haley-olympics-north-korea/index.html

Whether US athletes will be able to attend the 2018 Winter Olympics in South Korea remains an "open question," US Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley said Wednesday night.

You have got to be shitting me. How much more obvious can you make this shit?

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/05/sports/olympics/ioc-russia-winter-olympics.html

Russia's Olympic team has been barred from the 2018 Winter Games in Pyeongchang, South Korea. The country's government officials are forbidden to attend, its flag will not be displayed at the opening ceremony and its anthem will not sound.

• el jefe
Reply #2522
eh, you're arbitrarily connecting dots there

• ffejrxx
Reply #2523
at what point do we have enough Proofs to change the thread title to Theorem?

Reply #2524
Bloomberg has corrected its story of the 5th. Now says that Deutsche Bank has provided financial records of people associated with Trump.  :dunno:

Corrects story published Dec. 5 that said Mueller "zeroed in" on Trump's business dealings.