Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• Pahu is robotic in his devotion to total nonsense.

Topic: The Trump Kompromat Fact: Whereby we discuss the realness of the piss tape (Read 50259 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: The Trump Kompromat Fact: Whereby we discuss the realness of the piss tape
Reply #2900
WHO CHANGED IT

Last Edit: Today at 01:15:39 PM by Brother Daniel

:whyyou:

:reign:

That's some master level trolling ((((((bro D ) ))))

Reply #2901
Assange chat transcripts + commentary that tries hard to be charitable.
https://theintercept.com/2018/02/14/julian-assange-wikileaks-election-clinton-trump/

I accept the Intercept's apology.

• Brother Daniel
  • Global Moderator
  • predisposed to antagonism
Reply #2902
GODDAMMIT PEPPERMINT :whyyou:

Reply #2903
BD, go read some gobbledygook legalese document.  They are full of terrible uses of whereby and what not.

• Brother Daniel
  • Global Moderator
  • predisposed to antagonism
Reply #2904
Rather than put myself through the pain, I think I'll just take your word for it!  :)

Reply #2905
Part one of a four-part series over at The Intercept by James Risen

IS DONALD TRUMP A TRAITOR?

Part one goes into depth on the Russian efforts to interfere in the election in favor of Trump. Too long to really excerpt too much, but it does a good job of piling up all of the evidence of Russian interference.

THERE ARE FOUR important tracks to follow in the Trump-Russia story. First, we must determine whether there is credible evidence for the underlying premise that Russia intervened in the 2016 election to help Trump win. Second, we must figure out whether Trump or people around him worked with the Russians to try to win the election. Next, we must scrutinize the evidence to understand whether Trump and his associates have sought to obstruct justice by impeding a federal investigation into whether Trump and Russia colluded. A fourth track concerns whether Republican leaders are now engaged in a criminal conspiracy to obstruct justice through their intense and ongoing efforts to discredit Mueller's probe.

This, my first column for The Intercept, will focus on the first track of the Trump-Russia narrative. I will devote separate columns to each of the other tracks in turn.

Reply #2906
Worth reading, in your opinion?

Reply #2907
yes, if only to refresh the mountain of evidence of Russian interference in our elections

Reply #2908
Rachel Maddow did a series a little while back about his financial dealings with maybe Kazakhstan? where the head of the central bank basically looted the country and he did some giant building project there that was really a vehicle for getting the $ out of the country. That plus the other financial dealings which turned out to be really surprisingly extensive and the number of luxury properties he has sold for cash which sometimes sold at a loss a very short time later (apparently a sign of money laundering) and it was hard not to follow the evidence she accumulated. The part that made it seem outlandish to me was that it would mean that he was actually a traitor, and would seem, even though he is clearly insane, to be unlikely because he would be aware of the potential consequences if he got caught which he has been pretty brash about the whole thing.

But what if he really is just rolling the biggest pair of dice ever? He is nuts as shit and, by many accounts, did not intend to win the election but clearly intended to cripple our institutions through the campaign.

Goddamnit. Conspiracy theories are the new information currency. Something fucked is happening for sure. It's possible that we simply elected a clinical narcissist sociopath whatever entirely by accident as a perfect storm of shitty shit all combined at the weirdest random point ever. But Russia has apparently been cultivating the alt-right hate machine for quite a while. We actually know they are doing that. How can it be believable that they aren't applying some strategy/strategic direction to this whole process through careful leverage points? Guys. Hide. The fucking illuminati/bilderburger/rothschild/trilateral commission/ whatever the fuck our old overlords were better than the russian mafia and the fact that both the old white men in the white house are batshit crazy
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #2909

Reply #2910

• Pingu
Reply #2911
I have a Darwin-debased mind.

Reply #2912
the pdf is an image rather than text goddamnit.

• Pingu
Reply #2913
They always are :(

Still it forces you to actually read, not Ctrl-F.  Which can be good.
I have a Darwin-debased mind.

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #2914
Rachel Maddow did a series a little while back about his financial dealings with maybe Kazakhstan? where the head of the central bank basically looted the country and he did some giant building project there that was really a vehicle for getting the $ out of the country. That plus the other financial dealings which turned out to be really surprisingly extensive and the number of luxury properties he has sold for cash which sometimes sold at a loss a very short time later (apparently a sign of money laundering) and it was hard not to follow the evidence she accumulated. The part that made it seem outlandish to me was that it would mean that he was actually a traitor, and would seem, even though he is clearly insane, to be unlikely because he would be aware of the potential consequences if he got caught which he has been pretty brash about the whole thing.

But what if he really is just rolling the biggest pair of dice ever? He is nuts as shit and, by many accounts, did not intend to win the election but clearly intended to cripple our institutions through the campaign.

Goddamnit. Conspiracy theories are the new information currency. Something fucked is happening for sure. It's possible that we simply elected a clinical narcissist sociopath whatever entirely by accident as a perfect storm of shitty shit all combined at the weirdest random point ever. But Russia has apparently been cultivating the alt-right hate machine for quite a while. We actually know they are doing that. How can it be believable that they aren't applying some strategy/strategic direction to this whole process through careful leverage points? Guys. Hide. The fucking illuminati/bilderburger/rothschild/trilateral commission/ whatever the fuck our old overlords were better than the russian mafia and the fact that both the old white men in the white house are batshit crazy
Applying norms of psychology to people who are clearly not normal, who may well be under kompromat (Russian style and the Russians are not known for their squeamishness about hurting people) and who have massive debts is not really appropriate. Trump's living the high life, on the edge, center of attention, which is right where he wants to be, no worries about tomorrow.
Are we there yet?

Reply #2915
A bunch of indictments against Russians for interference from Mueller today

Reply #2916
Yeah the whole thing is posted above.

Probably my favorite thing I've read in the indictment so far is how they targeted Jill Stein and Bernie-Bro type voters using the same rhetoric that they were using to denigrate Clinton and support Trump.

Reply #2917
Russia sought to influence LGBT voters with 'Buff Bernie' ad

feel like this might not have had the best RoI

Reply #2918
looks like Jill Stein's a target

Reply #2919
It was (and still is) "sow as much discord as possible" and especially undermine Clinton, so it's not surprising that anyone in a position to do that (Sanders/Stein supporters, obviously Trump supporters) would be targets for influencing.

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #2920
It was (and still is) "sow as much discord as possible" and especially undermine Clinton, so it's not surprising that anyone in a position to do that (Sanders/Stein supporters, obviously Trump supporters) would be targets for influencing.
... which makes me wonder what the goal might be for the 2018 elections.
Whom will they want to help, or hurt, for maximum chaos?
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

• linus
Reply #2921
Trump drags his feet on Russia sanctions, undermines confidence in NATO, and just generally fucks up USA, so...

Reply #2922
... which makes me wonder what the goal might be for the 2018 elections.
Whom will they want to help, or hurt, for maximum chaos?

Anyone or anything they perceive as being the extreme point of view on both sides of any issue. NPR had a good piece about this earlier today...
https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2018/02/16/586361956/as-an-american-tragedy-unfolds-russian-agents-sow-discord-online

Reply #2923
Yeah. It's mainly about sowing discord and distrust and fucking up America civilly and socially. They've astroturfed for MAGA and Bernie and BLM and alt-right and probably every group but Clinton. Their main geopolitical goal is to weaken the US, and oh man did they do that for like $5M total.

But Russia is also run by reactionary kleptocrats so of course on the whole they favor the GOP.

Reply #2924
Yeah. It's mainly about sowing discord and distrust and fucking up America civilly and socially. They've astroturfed for MAGA and Bernie and BLM and alt-right and probably every group but Clinton. Their main geopolitical goal is to weaken the US, and oh man did they do that for like $5M total.

did they really, though? like how can we gauge the effectiveness of any of their efforts here. to put this in perspective, clinton's campaign raised 1.4 billion dollars and had 4,200 staffers. given this i'm really not sure what to make of 5 mil in facebook ads or twitter shitposts or whatever.