Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• Talk Rational:  TCR is TR's first memescape

Topic: The Trump Kompromat Fact: Whereby we discuss the realness of the piss tape (Read 47715 times) previous topic - next topic

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Re: The Trump Kompromat Fact: Whereby we discuss the realness of the piss tape
Reply #3325
Comey's memos are out.

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4442900-Ex-FBI-Director-James-Comey-s-memos.html
Because the GOP Heil Trump Gang bullied and threatened Rosenstein, Rosenstein folded, and the GOP leaked the documents literally within minutes of getting them. Which,of course, would be a criminal offense if someone in the FBI or political opposition did it.
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

• Faid
Reply #3326
So wait- The GOP pressed for the leak? WTF?
Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.

Reply #3327
Copying my post from the Dave Hawkins MAGA vanity thread...
https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/04/why-were-republicans-so-desperate-to-release-the-embarrassing-comey-memos-heres-one-explanation.html

This whole thing is worth reading, but tldr, Republicans pushed hard to release Comey memos that say Trump talked about Putin's hookers, apparently because of a likely inaccurate Fox News report that if it were accurate might possibly justify Trump's dumb tweet about Comey leaking classified information.

If that's true, it's hard to think of a better example of this...

https://splinternews.com/the-long-lucrative-right-wing-grift-is-blowing-up-in-t-1793944216

Reply #3328
It's about time to start hanging republicans

Reply #3329
The memos once again blowing up in their idiot faces is hilarious

• Faid
Reply #3330
Copying my post from the Dave Hawkins MAGA vanity thread...
https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/04/why-were-republicans-so-desperate-to-release-the-embarrassing-comey-memos-heres-one-explanation.html

This whole thing is worth reading, but tldr, Republicans pushed hard to release Comey memos that say Trump talked about Putin's hookers, apparently because of a likely inaccurate Fox News report that if it were accurate might possibly justify Trump's dumb tweet about Comey leaking classified information.

If that's true, it's hard to think of a better example of this...

https://splinternews.com/the-long-lucrative-right-wing-grift-is-blowing-up-in-t-1793944216
You gotta be fucking kidding me.

Ok, either Trump's arrogant stupidity is highly contagious, or republicans are now actively trying to undermine him while pretending to be on his side.
Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.

Reply #3331
I think both of those things are probably true to varying degrees.

• el jefe
  • asleep till 2020 or 2024
Reply #3332
gowdy definitely did the second one with the nunes memo, which was a big part of why it fell flat for trump and nunes

• Faid
Reply #3333
And now Trump is actually defending Flynn again. Amazing.

Does he have any sane advisors left? Does he listen to them? Or, if he does, is their advice meant to protect him, or...

:popcorn:

• el jefe
Reply #3334
sessions threatened to quit if rosenstein were fired.  that is an important show of solidarity, which tends to reinforce the rule of law.  and it's something I'm not sure everyone expected.  after all, sessions is a racist and rosenstein is a jew.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/sessions-told-white-house-that-rosensteins-firing-could-prompt-his-departure-too/2018/04/20/911ca994-44c7-11e8-bba2-0976a82b05a2_story.html?utm_term=.8c177f18eb58

• el jefe
Reply #3335
Comey has said in recent days he believed Rosenstein "acted dishonorably" and could not be trusted.

interesting.  hadn't known that.

still, I think rosenstein's appointment of mueller, and standing by him and his investigation, is ultimately pretty important and good for the country.

• uncool
Reply #3336
On the other hand:
Sessions said he would have had to consider leaving as the attorney general had Trump ousted Rosenstein, this person said.

"would have to consider leaving"

• el jefe
Reply #3337
yeah, it was worded mildly.  don't know whether that means he wasn't serious or whether it was serious and he was just veiling or sugarcoating it.  I tend to think though, that if you say that, in that context, you know what you're saying is coming across as a threat.  and if he said it and didn't immediately apologize or take it back, then I think that means he wanted it taken as a threat.

• uncool
Reply #3338
Anyone smart enough to do that would also realize how mealy-mouthed "consider" is.

Not to mention how convenient this "leak" is. I'd be shocked if Sessions didn't ask for it.

• el jefe
Reply #3339
how is this leak convenient for sessions?

• uncool
Reply #3340
how is this leak convenient for sessions?
It gives him a chance to look tougher than he has been without having to commit to anything.

• el jefe
Reply #3341
who does he need to look tough in front of, and why?

otoh, the drawbacks of getting trump pissed at him again are obvious

• uncool
Reply #3342
He needs mainly to look like he might act independently of Trump, so that Republicans can say that any actions he takes were legitimate and not just based on Trump's desires.

By saying he'd consider leaving, he implies that if he doesn't, then it must have been the right thing. If he wanted to make the threat, he could have said that he strongly stands behind Rosenstein.

I think that by now, Sessions knows that this kind of subtle doesn't work on Trump. Trump isn't the audience for this subtlety. Additionally, if it were a direct threat to Trump, he could have made it alone, such that any leak would have been from Trump. These combined make me think the leak was the point. And that the subtlety was for readers, not for Trump.
  • Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 09:41:33 PM by uncool

• Faid
Reply #3343
Trump insists lawyer Michael Cohen will not 'flip' against him as he hits out at former aide

OK. I believe I speak for the rest of the planet when I ask...

...'Flip' about what?

You can't "flip against" someone if you don't have anything against them in the first place.

Reply #3344
He needs mainly to look like he might act independently of Trump, so that Republicans can say that any actions he takes were legitimate and not just based on Trump's desires.

By saying he'd consider leaving, he implies that if he doesn't, then it must have been the right thing. If he wanted to make the threat, he could have said that he strongly stands behind Rosenstein.

I think that by now, Sessions knows that this kind of subtle doesn't work on Trump. Trump isn't the audience for this subtlety. Additionally, if it were a direct threat to Trump, he could have made it alone, such that any leak would have been from Trump. These combined make me think the leak was the point. And that the subtlety was for readers, not for Trump.

My guess is it's more complicated. It's possible that Sessions is in a delicate place right now where he can stay juust outside of an indictment, but not if Rosenstein gets fired. So, if Rosenstein gets fired, Sessions will have to quit AND flip in order to personally escape indictment. So Sessions is saying "hold steady, we can do this" in order to keep Trump from tearing the whole thing apart.

• linus
Reply #3345
Why would Rosenstein's replacement be more committed to letting investigations into Trump/Sessions run their course?

Reply #3346
hey guys I know this is out of the blue, but have we gotten an "Actually it's about ethics in journalism" joke about Hannity yet?

Reply #3347
On the other hand:
Sessions said he would have had to consider leaving as the attorney general had Trump ousted Rosenstein, this person said.

"would have to consider leaving"
remember when there was a "suicide pact" with Tillerson, Mattis, and Mnuchin (lol who gives a shit about Mnuchin)? Yeah, they held real tight to that one.

Reply #3348

• ksen
Reply #3349
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/384616-sessions-decides-not-to-recuse-himself-from-cohen-probe

Attorney General Jeff Sessions has decided he will not recuse himself from the probe into President Trump's personal attorney Michael Cohen but will think about taking a step back from some questions tied to the investigation, Bloomberg reports.

weasel