Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• Talk Rational: Creepy Fixations

Topic: Immigration/border patrol megathread (Read 11691 times) previous topic - next topic

• uncool
Re: Immigration/border patrol megathread
Reply #900
https://theintercept.com/2018/04/23/border-patrol-agents-assaulted-cbp-fbi/

7 agents were attacked by 6 immigrants using rocks, bottles, and tree branches. This was counted as 126 assaults. And that's probably not even close to all of the fuckery going on.

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #901

Reply #902
Yeah. Unfortunately, it's not hard to find enough racist assholes here in Tucson to get that verdict. :(

Reply #903

Reply #905
abolish ICE and send every current and former member to legitimate reeducation camps/shove them off a cliff, their choice

Reply #906
The trauma involved with that kind of behavior is hard to overstate. The relevant term is "blowback."
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

Reply #907

Reply #908
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

• el jefe
  • asleep till 2020 or 2024
Reply #909
a genealogist is reminding white xenophobes that they are all descended from immigrants.  but, since that is too tricky in the abstract, she is doing genealogies of specific people.

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/387553-genealogist-trolls-tomi-lahren-over-comments-on-immigrants

Reply #910

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #911

This is so cruel I can't even process that in 2018 the US can be doing it. Every decent Canadian I've mentioned it to has been horrified, and most brought up the spectre of Residential Schools and the Sixties Scoop, where FN children were torn from their families and placed in boarding schools, or adopted out to white families. We stopped that more than half a century go and people are still suffering as a result.

This is even worse. I also read the US has no idea where more than a thousand immigrant kids in their care even are.

I've also skimmed through popular public forums and there are large numbers of people defending the plan to warehouse these kids.

Reply #912
Probably because they want the next step to be extermination of these "criminals"

America is an awful country full of terrible people.

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #913
Pure cruelty based on pure resentment.

Some days I really do wish I could force everyone to see what it's like to actually have to leave your country and go somewhere else, to know that such an extreme move is the only thing that could possibly give you a hope of giving your children a decent life. To know that your situation in your own home is that utterly fucking hopeless and broken. Like, my SIL couldn't handle the stress and culture shock and change of moving from NY to fucking VA, but we all need to do our American duty of shitting on immigrants all the time because "we can't just take everyone" and "we can't give everything away all the time." Fuck every asshole in this country who thinks this is okay.

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #914
Probably because they want the next step to be extermination of these "criminals"

They think it is a great 'deterrent'. And at least one person advocated putting mine fields at the more popular border crossings.

America is an awful country full of terrible people.

Obviously there are lots of good people in America. But there seems to be literal millions of really terrible people who have not even a scintilla of empathy or compassion. Especially empathy though.

Reply #915
Obviously there are lots of good people in America.

:unsure:

Reply #916
There are roughly 62,980,160 terrible Americans.

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #917
My favorite thing about Trump calling immigrants animals is the way it's beautifully timed with all of these recent think pieces in various major outlets about how liberals and the left need to watch their language or they'll upset the right into becoming Nazis:

Reply #918

Reply #919
hahaha

by Hague I hope you meant Hanging Tree

Reply #920
to the lantern!

Reply #921
My favorite thing about Trump calling immigrants animals is the way it's beautifully timed with all of these recent think pieces in various major outlets about how liberals and the left need to watch their language or they'll upset the right into becoming Nazis:

no no no you see he was "only" talking about MS-13 gang members, something that he definitely hasn't seriously overblown and used over and over as a dog whistle to demonize all immigrants.

• uncool
Reply #923
ICE says someone is affiliated with a gang, in order to deport him under DACA. A judge essentially says they lied.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/05/federal-judge-accused-ice-of-making-up-evidence-to-prove-that-dreamer-was-gang-affiliated.html

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #924
ATTN EVERYONE

the only way to defeat trump once and for all is to refrain from criticizing the remarkably shitty things he says

THANK YOU FOR LISTENING TO ME

sincerely,
right wing pundit who obviously knows what the left needs to do to win elections and who is obviously arguing in good faith to help the left defeat my own party that helped this piece of shit orange turd rise to power and is bending to his idiot will