Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• Talkrational: accommodationist hidey-hole

Topic: I Don't Want To Hear Another Fucking Word About John McCain (Read 181 times) previous topic - next topic

I Don't Want To Hear Another Fucking Word About John McCain
I Don't Want To Hear Another Fucking Word About John McCain Unless He Dies Or Actually Does Something Useful For Once
Most of the political press is amnesiac and sycophantic enough to fall for it again, but it is obvious at this point in his long career that Senator John McCain is not going to "fight" Trump. He's going to say various anti-Trump things, on TV and to reporters, while never using his very real power as a senior Republican senator to interrupt the implementation of Trump's, and his party's, eschatological agenda.

• JonF
Re: I Don't Want To Hear Another Fucking Word About John McCain
Reply #1
IMHO he once was an honorable man.  Then he sold his soul to get the 2008 nomination.
"I would never consider my evaluation of his work to be fair minded unless I had actually read his own words." - Dave Hawkins

• ksen
Reply #2
Since you don't want to hear about John McCain how about instead you score me some tickets to Volbeat and Metallica for their Orlando show?

Reply #3
yeah, McCain talk a good game, but he doesn't back it up with any actual action. JonF is right about him selling out. He's right (consistently) on a couple of very specific issues, but that doesn't make up for all the stuff he's wrong about.

We keep trying to get him out of office, but Maricopa county (the same place that kept Sheriff Arpaio for all those years) keep re-electing him.

• nesb
Reply #4
Didn't McCain cave to Bush--at least a bit--over torture? Which was like his previous moral standby. I think McCain sold his backbone awhile back. But if he wants to hate on Trump, more power to him, I say.

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #5
Let's never forget it was John McCain who elevated Sarah Palin to the national stage.
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

Reply #6
He's an example of the vested power of corruption in Congress. His campaign funders are the denizens of the swamp.
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

• el jefe
  • asleep till 2020 or 2024
Reply #7
Let's never forget it was John McCain who elevated Sarah Palin to the national stage.

which I think played a crucial role in the outbreak of mass dunning - Kruger.  after decades of conservative media coddling and encouraging ignorance, and then George bush sending the message that admitting when you're wrong is "weak", seeing that blithering idiot palin in a position of high respect and positioned two steps away from the most important job in the world pushed them past the tipping point.  maybe dumb isn't so bad after all?  maybe dumb is just a different kind of smart!  and, like that, the dumb forgot they were dumb.