Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• Talk Rational: A Safe Place

Topic: Keeping tabs on the alt-right (Read 21210 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Keeping tabs on the alt-right
Reply #1275
Richard Spencer had a very bad, terrible, no-good weekend capped by a sparsely attended speech

It could have been a triumphant weekend for racist "alt-right" front man Richard B. Spencer capped by a victorious speech at Michigan State University.

Instead, it turned into a disaster, as restaurants and clubs booted Spencer and his followers seeking to hold a meeting/party and more people were arrested outside of his speech than heard it inside.

• uncool
Reply #1276
Richard Spencer had a very bad, terrible, no-good weekend capped by a sparsely attended speech

It could have been a triumphant weekend for racist "alt-right" front man Richard B. Spencer capped by a victorious speech at Michigan State University.

Instead, it turned into a disaster, as restaurants and clubs booted Spencer and his followers seeking to hold a meeting/party and more people were arrested outside of his speech than heard it inside.
That may actually be related to the leak I linked - there's some discussion on the Patriot Front discord telling members not to go if they don't feel safe. Apparently they didn't.

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #1277
In other news, Bari Weiss continues to be a fucking moron, and the NYT op ed page continues to publish shit that literally any of us very online people would quickly recognize as bullshit:

Reply #1278
it's cool that newspapers love posting sympathetic profiles of heartland fascist wannabes and op-eds about the awful alt-left

• uncool
Reply #1279
it's cool that newspapers love posting sympathetic profiles of heartland fascist wannabes and op-eds about the awful alt-left
Eh, it's not as one-sided as that. There are quite a few articles and op-eds romanticizing, e.g., the black bloc (https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/29/style/black-bloc-fashion.html) and antifa (https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/made-by-history/wp/2017/08/16/who-are-the-antifa/?utm_term=.5d6b5c0f08bb).

Reply #1280
i'd be fine with both critical and sympathetic treatments of antifa or whatever as long as they stop elevating horrid nobodies like this heimbach guy

• fredbear
  • Militantly Confused
Reply #1281
"...without considering any evidence at all - that my views are more likely - on average - to be correct.  Because the mainstream is almost always wrong" - Dave Hawkins

• nesb
Reply #1282
Was that man literally draped in a flag? Why do we live in a cartoon?

Reply #1283
He was not nekkid underneath - small mercies ...

• Monad
Reply #1284

• fredbear
  • Militantly Confused
Reply #1285
Didn't really know where to post this but o my god:

Vladimir Putin suggests Jews and other minorities in Russia could be behind US election meddling
"Maybe they're not even Russians," he told NBC News. "Maybe they're Ukrainians, Tatars, Jews, just with Russian citizenship. Even that needs to be checked."

But Mr Putin said he "couldn't care less" if they were Russians.

"So what if they're Russians?" he said. "There are 146 million Russians. So what?"
"...without considering any evidence at all - that my views are more likely - on average - to be correct.  Because the mainstream is almost always wrong" - Dave Hawkins

Reply #1286

• Monad
Reply #1287
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-europe-43366657/bannon-let-them-call-you-racist

Reading the comments is amusing, the absurd contortions the fascist sympathisers and apologists go through to try and justify/defuse Bannon's coming out as an outright Nazi are hilarious.

• uncool
Reply #1288
I've found this guy an invaluable resource for keeping track of white nationalists, white supremacists, etc. And today, he absolutely delivered. You have to read the entire thread.

Sounds like the Traditionalist Worker Party is gonna implode, and might take down a white nationalist coalition with it.

Police record (it may be long and a pdf, but it's well worth the read)
https://www.splcenter.org/sites/default/files/59d01-1803-f6-000300_redacted.pdf

I'm seriously cackling about this now. Literal cuckoldry being the cause of the fall of one of the larger white nationalist movements.
  • Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 06:51:56 PM by uncool

• uncool
Reply #1289

Reply #1290
bizarre. I mean that these dumbfucks could organize anything that could generate a following.
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

• el jefe
  • asleep till 2020 or 2024
Reply #1291
bizarre. I mean that these dumbfucks could organize anything that could generate a following.
makes explanations like russian astroturfing seem relatively more likely

• Bilirubin
  • Ain't nothing ta fuck wit'
Reply #1292
TWP dead RIP in piss you fucksticks

• ksen
Reply #1293
Austin Package Bombs Appear to Be Targeting Prominent Black Families

Three package bombs have gone off in Austin, Texas, in the past two weeks, and they appear to have targeted members of prominent black families, the president of the local NAACP told NBC News Wednesday.

• uncool
Reply #1294
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/black-man-beaten-in-charlottesville-found-not-guilty-of-assaulting-white-supremacist/2018/03/16/92160a88-288f-11e8-b79d-f3d931db7f68_story.html

A black man brutally beaten at last year's "Unite the Right" rally in Charlottesville -- and who was later charged with assaulting a white nationalist -- was acquitted Friday.

DeAndre Harris, 20, a former special education instructional assistant, was found not guilty by Charlottesville General District Judge Robert Downer Jr. on a misdemeanor charge of assault and battery against Harold Crews, a North Carolina attorney and state chairman of the self-described white nationalist group League of the South.

[Harris] suffered a spinal injury and head lacerations that required 10 stitches.

Two months later, his legal path took an unexpected turn when Crews filed a police report and persuaded a Charlottesville magistrate to issue an arrest warrant in October on a felony charge of unlawful wounding, which carries a five-year maximum sentence.

The judge also condemned both the Unite the Right ralliers and the counterprotesters.

"The behavior I've seen is appalling," he said. "I can say this without question -- that there was bad behavior all around."

He also defended Crews. "I didn't see that he did anything wrong that day at all."

In the end, the judge declared Harris not guilty because he did not intend to hit Crews with a flashlight and was trying to defend his friend, who was locked in a struggle with Crews.

Online sleuths, led by Black Lives Matter activist and Intercept journalist Shaun King, helped track down the identities and whereabouts of several men police say assaulted Harris ... Trials are scheduled for late April and early May, though Davis's trial has not been set yet.
  • Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 03:42:10 PM by uncool

• MSG
Reply #1295
The Australian minister who heads our equivalent of ICE has been dog-whistling about bringing oppressed white farmers from South Africa to Australia. Considering how he and his government deal with non-white refugees (indefinite detention in offshore island hell-holes), this is, um, incongruous. This article by an Australian who now lives in Portland, Oregon and has written about US alt-right movements, gives an interesting perspective on the story https://amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/mar/16/peter-duttons-offer-to-white-south-african-farmers-started-on-the-far-right

Marcus had connected the situation to a broader picture of what she described as "reverse racism", writing that "the truth is, there are versions of this anti-white, vengeance theme swirling in movements around the western world, from Black Lives Matter in the US to Invasion Day protests back home".

By emphasising white kinship and white peril, the paper's columnists may have gotten the result they were looking for. But they weren't the only outlet on 12 March to urge their government to help the farmers.

The same day, on American "race realist" website, VDare, Leo Hohmann, the author of a recent book on the supposed "stealth invasion" of the west by Muslim immigrants, was saying that the farmers have "their collective heads on the block".
braying among the ruins

Reply #1296
he wants to get back to basics. back when australia was founded as a penal colony for a bunch of white criminals.

Reply #1297
A couple of years ago, when I started the long process to apply for Australian citizenship, our immigration consultant told us not to worry, everything would go smoothly because I was white. And I thought, "This guy must be exaggerating, how can he diss his country like that". Little did I know.

• ksen
Reply #1298
http://thehill.com/homenews/media/379502-breitbarts-readership-drops-in-half-in-6-months

Figures gathered from the analytics service comScore show the right-wing news website's traffic has plunged from 15 million unique visitors in October to just 7.8 million in February, according to the news outlet.

HAHAHAHA! good

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #1299
This shit gets more insane all the time. Atomwaffen infiltrated by Satanism, and not in a good way:

White nationalists are disavowing the murderous neo-Nazi group Atomwaffen Division--not because of the murder, but because the group can't shake persistent rumors that it's a gateway organization for a satanic cult.
Atomwaffen is an extremist group that received national attention after being implicated in five murders from May 2017 to January 2018. But even before the most recent slaying, Atomwaffen was under fire from others on the far right who claimed the group was actually a mouthpiece for the Order of Nine Angles, a satanic group that encourages members to infiltrate extremist political movements, whose members might be susceptible to conversion.

The Order of Nine Angles is British-based, but steeped in Nazism. A fringe occultist group whose literature encourages human sacrifices, the ONA champions Nazi Germany and pushes Holocaust denialism. One of the group's longest-running leaders, Anton Long, is rumored to have been a pseudonym for the known neo-Nazi David Myatt.

The ONA requires members (called Noctulians) to spend six months either hitchhiking, working as a burglar, working as a police officer, or infiltrating an extremist political group.
"Undertake the role of extreme political activist and so champion heretical views (by, e.g. becoming involved in extreme Right-Wing activism)," the group demands in one of its introductory books. "The aim is to express fanaticism in action and be seen by all 'right-thinking people' as an extremist, and a dangerous one."

https://www.thedailybeast.com/satanism-drama-is-tearing-apart-the-murderous-neo-nazi-group-atomwaffen?ref=home